Thread: 2014 Desert 100
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #97
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel ADV View Post
From my understanding you were the one that came up with the idea of the class. You get a big thumbs up from me. Finishing the D100 last year was by far the biggest sense of accomishment I've had on a bike ever. It was challenging, fun, miserable, exciting and exhausting all at once. I can't speak for everyone but I definitely had a good time
Thanks I was, I wanted to race my 950 and had hopes others would as well, I suggested the idea to Mx813 who got it passed with the club. My company sponsored the class then and the next year.
The first year things looked good with almost 15 racers, but almost everyone bailed when race day rolled around, Too bad, that was the best conditions Ive ever seen at the 100. last year we had 5 or so racers.
again after many more talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk
At that pace I don't see the need for a class and something that Im not really interested in.

From what I understand this year the ADV class will have an even bigger purse then what Cyclops was able to offer. Maybe that will entice a few guys??
Hopefully there is a good turnout of ADV class racers this year. Its doable on big bikes and should give the racers in this class a real feeling of accomplishment, at least the guys on 800 plus cc bikes.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote