Thread: 2014 Desert 100
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #98
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thanks I was, I wanted to race my 950 and had hopes others would as well, I suggested the idea to Mx813 who got it passed with the club. My company sponsored the class then and the next year.
The first year things looked good with almost 15 racers, but almost everyone bailed when race day rolled around, Too bad, that was the best conditions Ive ever seen at the 100. last year we had 5 or so racers.
again after many more talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk
At that pace I don't see the need for a class and something that Im not really interested in.

From what I understand this year the ADV class will have an even bigger purse then what Cyclops was able to offer. Maybe that will entice a few guys??
Hopefully there is a good turnout of ADV class racers this year. Its doable on big bikes and should give the racers in this class a real feeling of accomplishment, at least the guys on 800 plus cc bikes.
I have been hassling all my big bike friends to come for this years event even if just for the Saturday DS ride. I think now that word has gotten out a bit more the numbers should be better. The only reason I knew about it was because of the video Touratech did on their F800 in 2012. It happened to pop up in my YouTube suggestions. Every adv bike event I go to I tell people about it and show them my video in hopes of sparking interest.

I'll be down with a friend also on an F800 and have a few others sitting on the fence. After the experience last year I'll be down every year that I can.

I offered up a Camel Tank as a prize this year.

You said something like past years winners are bowing out? You mentioned you were in Death Valley. No Jeremy or Radek either?

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US

Camel ADV screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 12:48 PM
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote