View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #25
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Youll never please everyone on this, I think the rule is a good one.
A guy would be a fool to race their gs1200. Riding the poker run is one thing a real race at pace is quite another.
fact is an XR is a dirt bike never licensed for the street and a Baja killer. that bike is the single reason for the 652 cc rule.
A 690 KTM is not even in the same league as a XR650R The most winning bike in Baja.
I don't really care, Ill race against any bike, but if there are guys getting butt hurt, maybe 700 cc should be the target.
I totally understand the interest in excluding the XR650R. I don't think anyone is arguing that it should be allowed. As you said it's unfortunate that simply using a CC guideline excludes some that are clearly ADV bikes. The KLR is arguably the most popular and iconic ADV bike on the planet so it's too bad it's excluded because it's lacking a few CCs.

I've competed in lots of things and helped organize and set up several others too. It's a lot of work and you're right, you'll never please everyone but the fact that people want to debate the rules and details means people are interested and that's never a bad thing IMO.

I'm just happy the StumpJumpers acknowledge there are those of us that want to race our big fat bikes and gives us an opportunity to do it.

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote