View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #79
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoebster View Post
I will be taking off work on that Friday to head over. If i bring a Penske Truck with my bike and weekend crap stuffed in the back, anyone want to split costs or tag along? Yeah, I could load the Tenere down with crap and drive it, but for such a long period of time to be there the whole weekend, I want an area in the truck that might actually be dry. I can bring a grill too!!!

I am planning on DS ride on saturday only at this time. I don't want to bash the hell out of the Tenere for the ADV race. I have never done anything like that before. I will be installing Scorpian Rally on the front, don't know yet about rear tire. Would a BigBlock be good enough?

Oh, I will look to get a spot near the PSSOR ADV area as well.

Jeff
For most of us in this class, suspension will be the limiting factor not tires. I ran Dunlop 606 last year and it was great. I could have just as easily used a Big Block, TKC 80 or even a K60 without any issues. I slid down some greasy hills but anything short of studded would have done the same.

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote