View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #38
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,390
Helmets

I have a bunch of different Helmets. I love the Dualsport style hats. I have a Shoei Hornet, love the way it fits but it is a foggy sucker in wet weather. Pin Lock is a must. I also have a Bilt Explorer that was free with a jacket purchase. Normally around a hundred dollars. I had low expectations but it has really surprised me. The cheap hats still have to pass the same testing the expensive ones do. They are made from lower end materials and wear out faster. I also have a Shoei Modular, great hat but I really miss the visor. I also bought us a set of AFX open face hats with visors, face shields and drop down sun shields. They are pretty trick and work well for an open face hat. We use them in the Sand Car mostly. I have used it a few times on the Ural and it was fine.

Winter Gloves

I use a modular approach. Klim Motocross glove inside of an extra large pair of Aerostich Buckskins. I run hand protectors on the bars also. If I am going to spend all day in the rain I will add a big pair of Concrete worker rubber gloves for waterproofness. I have spent a metric ton on fancy ass gortex gauntlet gloves and all have fallen short. I also run grip heaters on part of the bikes.