View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #85
Icy_
Stationary Traveller

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bagger View Post
MAPQUEST RULES

I was getting ready to head out to the Leesburg Bikefest which has a lot of roads to ride on that I wanted to plot out before and. I found that Google Maps was next to impossible to use and export routes to a Garmin. I think that Garmin is worried about Google with their Android phone connection - and then I found MapQuest makes it easy as hell.

It is by far the best method to route out a track and then export it to your Garmin, giving each route it's own unique name. It was simply, easy create routes with custom back roads use, and then export directly to a Garmin with no need for external resources.

Once you create a route, you simply click the SEND button and select GARMIN GPS in the provided drop-down menu. Its was pretty darn easy.

MapQuest?!? I had totally forgot about that one and got side tracked by how amazing google maps with the terrain base map looks. But man, MapQuest can export directly to Garmin?!? I just used it but I still cannot believe my eyes. This is amazing; can't thank you enough. Yet, I can start with one: Thank you brother. Awesome!
Icy_ is offline   Reply With Quote