View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,448
Tuareg Rallye 2014 - OFFICIAL Event coverage thread - follow our ADV Inmates here!

Yes folks! It's that time of year again when I pack a suitcase, grab my cameras, don a bandana, and take the little fella (Piglet) down to Tunisia to cover another edition of the Tuareg Rallye!

Those of you who followed along last year (of which there were many - over 74,000 pages views to date - thank you!) http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865985 will know I did my damnedest to provide you with a daily media feed - words, photos, braking news and inside scoops from what is not only the first major event on the Rally-Raid calendar, but also the largest moto-rally outside of the Dakar, and the #1 'must-attend' event for privateer rally racers.

Once again there are over 200 moto riders entered on the 2014 edition of the Tuareg Rallye, which after 14 years in Morroco, moved to the desert and dunes of Tunisia in 2013.

Last year I stretched my mental capacity to the limit - and in addition to general reportage here and on the Jennydakar.com Facebook page (what do you mean you don't already 'like' it?! - it is the definitive guide to everything rally raid! - well, what I find interesting anyway...) - I also provided a Personal Media Service for a number of riders who are also ADVrider Inmates, together with the whole IYSK Wine sponsored RMS team from the United States - and our very own Neduro didn't disappoint with a storming performance all week and a 2nd overall podium position as a result!

Once again I will be supporting a handful of individual riders along with the general reporting, and would like to take this opportunity to introduce them to you here. This year I shall be concentrating on 4 specific riders, each with a great backstory and varying degrees of rally-raid experience.

I trust you will join me in wishing them all the best of luck, and support them where you can as they venture into what is undoubtably a serious challenge for even seasoned racers...

So without further ado, let me introduce my rogues' gallery for the Tuareg Rallye 2014!

Jenny xx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 02-23-2014 at 08:38 AM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote