Oddometer: 3,131
Rider #36 Keith Patstone (GBR) - KTM 450 EXC

Name: Keith Patstone (inmate: MotoKP)

Race number: #36 (class: Moto Profi)

Nationality: British

Bike: KTM 450 EXC

Service Team: Torque Racing

Team Name: KP-Dakar (.com)

Keith is ready for Tunisia - bright riding gear so I can spot him easily!

Brand New 2014 KTM 450 EXC prepared in a spotless workshop!

“My dream is to ride the Dakar!”

Off-road motorcycle racing has been in Keith Patstone’s blood for over 40 years - ever since he learnt to ride in the halcyon days of the 70’s at the age of 13. Throughout the 80’s he was a successful MX rider, moving into enduros in the 90’s where he continued with a string of podium finishes right up until recent years - including being crowned the UK Veteran Class champion of the Putoline XC Fast Eddy series in 2009.

2009 was also his debut in International Extreme Enduro, with a 2nd place prologue finish and 14th overall in the legendary Red Bull Romanics.

The following years have seen a return to UK enduro, together with another Red Bull Romaniacs in 2013, once again riding as a solo iron-man.

“I really feel all this [off road racing] experience has been leading up to something really big” Keith explains. “It’s always been my dream to ride the Dakar Rally, so a couple of years ago I started to put a plan in place - which included another crack at the ‘Romaniacs, just to get it out of my system” he says with a grin. “Now I can fully concentrate on Rally Raid navigation events, and am really excited to be involved in this new discipline.”

In preparation for his Dakar 2015 campaign, Keith has purchased a new KTM 450 (which will be retained as a practice bike while his Dakar 450RR is being prepared) and has embarked on a comprehensive programme of training and events throughout 2014. “The Tuareg Rallye will be my first competitive desert road-book rally, and I’ve taken the bull by the horns and entered the Moto Profi class to really push myself” he says with a wink. “I’ll be foremost looking for a finish of course” he says “But I’m a racer at heart, so you know I’ll be giving it everything right up until the end!”

More info on Keith’s Dakar campaign here: www.kp-dakar.com

JM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote