View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #87
DonM
Do-dah Do-dah

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I use the link below. Create your route in google maps and paste the address into the "from web url" line about 2/3rds of the way down. Make sure GPX is selected as output. It will then generate a link for download of the GPX file and you'll need to transfer that to whatever device you use. I use a Nexus 7 Tablet with OSMAND+ but this works on whatever can read .gpx. I use dropbox to transfer so no need to plug anything in.

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input
Using google maps thru chrome, I pasted the URL of a route into the converter and get an error msg-

No valid gps data detected.

There are commas in the URL and I selected that as the delimiter but the link also has "!" In it which may be a delimiter that is not recognized. Any idea as to what is missing?

Another question, this route can be drawn on google maps but in the Garmin database, these roads do not exist so will probably not be displayed. Can I convert the GM route to a track that would display on a Garmin device?

Edit,- looks like I have to use the classic GM site and I indeed got a route on roads that did not appear on the Garmin map set.

Thanks for the info, a little thrashing around and I have what I need thanks to you help!

Regards,
Don m

Regards,
Don m

DonM screwed with this post 02-25-2014 at 05:27 AM
DonM is online now   Reply With Quote