View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #14
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
What are the other names we should be looking out for?
Here's two entrants that i will be keeping an eye out for during next week's Tuareg rally;

Ben Young #22 is an Aussie (Oz ADV forum inmate) and former Australasian safari competitor, who is (I believe) entered in his first "sand dune" rally outside of Australia? I hope the ride goes well for him!

The other is Swede #44 Glenn Andersson. Glenn is a good friend and the local YAMAHA dealer in Helsingborg (my adopted hometown). Glenn has ridden the Tuareg rally on two occassions previously - 2008 (where he podiumed in the Amateur class, re-classified from "Profi" after getting bamboozled with the navigation on the very first stage Day 1) and again in 2011, where he regularly ran amongst top 20 to 30 in Profi (don't recall his exact finish).

Glenn will be on the same 2008 model WRF 450 as his previous two attempts... having been recently torn down to a bare frame and the crankshaft - he say's it is like new again!

Good luck to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote