View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #33
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,259
Just a quick update and taster from team Rally Raid Products/Torque Racing...

While we're not actually racing ourselves this time, John (RRP) and Martin (TR) have been very busy over the last few days getting the production LC4-50 bike together in time to ship to Tunisia with the rest of the Torque Racing supported riders this year...

Donna Grey (from Torque Racing) has also had the privilege of being the first ever person to ride the LC4-50 with the production engine components fitted! - and her initial test-rides these past couple of days have revealed the bike feels very much like a slightly de-tuned version of the KTM 690 to ride, which in effect it is of course.

Although it is currently still running a 690cc fuel map, her seat-of-the-pants review is that the engine is smooth and feels very torquey (for a short-stroke over-square design), and after this initial shake-down, we are confident to take it to Tunisia and put some proper test mileage on it alongside the Tuareg Rallye.

We are also hoping to be able to tweak the fueling maps while we are out there (with a laptop), then once we get home again, the engine will be stripped, inspected, and the production components finally signed-off for batch production.

We'll then get in on the dyno, and set it up optimally with a dedicated fuel-map (still using the original ECU and fuel-injection body) that will be part of the customer kit to be made available.

Exciting times!

Martin Wittering with the first production LC4-50:

Custom Graphics Kit by ZeroNine (who make all the RRP sticker sets for the EVO2 kits) - a patriotic twist on the usual blue and orange design:

It was engineered and built in Britain dontcha know!:

Alongside my race reporting, I will also endeavour to bring you updates from our testing in the Tunisian desert!

More soon, I have some packing to do!

Jenny xx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 03-01-2014 at 04:52 AM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote