View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #155
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,919
And finally, Jenny's first report from Day 4

Tuareg Rally Report - Day 4 (Tuesday 11th March 2014) - #47 Tony Landh

Profi Moto class: 320 kms - 90% sand piste, 10% dunes.

“Just my kind of riding!”

Located in a soft sea of sand dunes north of Nefta, an abandoned Star Wars set is the backdrop for what has been billed a ‘make or break’ day for those riders looking to finish the Tuareg Rallye without any time penalties.

Fortunately, Tony Landh was back on top form after what he considered a lack-lustre performance the day before.

As the first Torque Racing rider home - well within the maximum time allowed for the grueling all-sand stage, and finishing forth overall just an hour and fifteen minutes behind race leader Rob Smits, Tony was very pleased with how the day had unfolded.

“It was fantastic - terrific riding!” he smiles “A very long day, but that is exactly what rallies are supposed to be of course!”

“I feel everything went really well today - I made a little navigation mistake during the first lap but nothing major - otherwise it was perfect... no crashes!” he grins.

This style of fast sand riding clearly suits Tony’s style, and together with a good result last year during stage 4, once again he was one of the fastest riders on the day, and one of only a few who managed to finish all four 80 kilometer laps within the prescribed time limit, reaching every checkpoint with no penalties.

In what is seemingly becoming a daily habit, Tony even found time to help another rider who had crashed heavily at high speed on the second lap; followed by another later in the day who was having trouble with his GPS. “It’s always like that” he smiles “You have to stop for a second or two and help people here and there.”

The mechanical troubles that Tony has suffered early on in the rally seem to have disappeared; and clearly after the success of today, he will now embark on the second half of the rally with renewed enthusiasm “Today was terrific - just my kind of riding!” he grins.

Tony's excellent result on today's stage has seen him leap up the leader board and he is now comfortably in the top ten overall going into the second half of the rally.

ends.

Stage result: day 4/7: 4th (7h37m)

Overall position: day 4/7: 6th