View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #1175
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I think RAM mounts will make a big difference. This is a video I took with a GP2, on RAM mounts on the forks of my DR650. The times when the camera blurs I think can be traced to high frequency vibration from the engine when it's revving up around 6000 or so rpm, none of which you'll have on a bicycle seat post.

Do you have a pic of how you mounted the camera for this angle?

I saw this earlier vid showing the front fender, tire and fork gaiter and wanted to try it. I thought the camera was mounted on the front reflector bracket so I mounted a ball there. I couldn't get the same view, but I'll leave the ball for future angles. You can see the splash on the fork tube is getting high enough to hit the camera lens. If I rotate the camera 180* (down and back), it hits the oil cooler when turning right. Maybe the left side has enough clearance. Regardless, that will put the camera upside down so I'll have to set 'this side down'.

If I leaned forward, I could see the VIRB's LED and could actually see the view finder's image well enough to know when the camera shifted down a bit, recording too much pavement. With the remote on my wrist, the camera stayed on standby for 3-1/2 hours, not shutting off. (not a lot of video, probably less than an hour)

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -

ER70S-2 screwed with this post 03-19-2014 at 04:18 PM
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote