Thread: KLR maintenance
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #39
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
[QUOTE=Scott_PDX;23677216]Thanks for setting this up B-Skye. I'm planning on coming out also, provided I make it alive through the Alley Sweeper!

I see you made a post on KLR650.NET, that should drive some more KLRazies out . KLR World might be a good cross post also (Haven't looked there myself). Let us know what to bring/contribute to the festivities. I'll try to make it earlier this year than your last one.

Don't forget - for those of you who are going to check valves to get there early and work on something else for a couple of hours. Your engine needs to be cold to get an accurate reading. I'll bring my meager valve collection and Doo tools as well.[/QUOTE

I posted on facebook on the Oregon DSR page, too. What to bring: anything you want to throw on the Bbq next to a bunch of Johnsons (personal favorite) ! Will have plenty of sides, bring your own beer - what DO KLR riders drink? ....probably something that tastes like everything, but not like anything in particular.........lol! There is a bike lift - will see about a second one, we have Doo tools x2 at least. As Scott mentioned any bike needs to be cold in order to do valves, so there is space to park bikes the night before. I have a bit of a fenced off area next to the house, gated. I am gonna contact the folks over on KLR .net to see about some shims.....seems that just about sums it up.

BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote