View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #117
IgnacioB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Add one more newbie to the pre-registration on a Husqvarna Strada (converted to Terra). Just found out they had an Adventure class and my bike qualifies to the exact cc: 652cc of Husqvarna/BMW/Chinese/Italian goodness and suspension travel that is second only to some of the pre-86 class.

I'm going in the Adventure spirit for this event...hauling everything I need for the event on the bike, leaving it camp while I do the race (& poker run too), and putting it back on for the ride home.

A fellow ADVrider forum member is planning to go on his KTM 690 and looking forward to hanging out with some other ADVRiders.

Now to decide whether to live with my 2/3 tread TKC80 or splurge for a D606 or comparable for this event. I don't think the new Mita E07 I'm using for the UTBDR is the right way to go.

Looking forward to this! Last time I went was in 1973 when my dad won the team class in Mattawa. The smell of Castrol and watching two-strokes bounce across the desert was powerful stuff for a 4 year old.
My Motorcycle Blog
IgnacioB is offline   Reply With Quote