View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #88
doggitter OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,798
Sorry I forgot to resize before I crashed.
Put about 135 miles on. Went up 33 from Ochoco Res, wound around and through some bits of snow here and there up to about 5" deep, ended up back on 27. Up that and since I got a late start I didn't get out to Little Willow Creek Res, ended up on 2720 looking out off a point when I figured I better start back. My map showed the road I was on as a spur road, Google Maps now shows it as on through. There was lots of fresh elk sign there though!
There was one spot south of there, idk the road, where I hit more snow, the last was an uphill patch that went around the corner and out of sight so I turned around.
Man it was good to get back in that area!! Birds singing, sunny and hot enough I really needed to take some layers off, gorgeous scenery, plenty of deer(at least 20), elk sign, chipmunk, sage rats, great stuff.

After heading back to Pville I went to the Pville Res, think I've only been there 2 times before, and never to the campground at the end. Kinda disappointing it's such a dead end road situation.

When I pulled in to the BLM station where I parked and guy followed me in a we talked for a good long time. Come to find out he's a fellow ARV'r and lives on the east end of PVille. Dirtsoup is his name here. we talked about rides in the area and past rides to remember. Great guy, hope we get to share a trail sometime Steve.

Loren, somewhere on a DR350SE
doggitter is offline   Reply With Quote