View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 AM   #262
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
Just bought the Explorer and gave it a test this morning (and last night). I like it. It was 21F this morning and the helmet is not as warm as my HJC but it doesn't leak as much air around the shield either so I'm guessing the cold is coming from below the chin guard. No biggie, I don't plan to use this in the winter much. I like the face shield having full adjustability, it seals good and the only visual distortion I noticed was down low when looking at the instrument panel. I also noticed some glare from the bottom of the shield and I'll try black tape if it really bothers me. The tinted visor could be darker but its just like the one on my HJC so not a big deal. I'll use sunglasses in morning and evening when the sun is really in my eyes. Didn't seem any noisier than my other helmets but I wear earplugs. You can feel the wind catch the visor but it's not bad and shouldn't be an issue, maybe in high winds. I should have a chance to check that out over the next few days.

I wear a large in a HJC and the XL fit me perfect in the Bilt.

Update!!!
Be very careful if you use loctite to secure the visor screws. Who knew it ate away plastic??? The plastic strip that's held on with 3 tiny screws was in pieces this morning and one of the rear screws is fucked too. The screws are tiny and it's nearly impossible not to get some locktite on the plastic. Hopefully I'll have a new visor coming in the mail soon.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits

ride4321 screwed with this post 03-19-2014 at 05:19 AM
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote