View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #1655
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,302

A day at the Dragon Boat Festival in New Iberia, LA

We are covering a lot of territory as today only 150 miles south of Atlanta. It feels odd, strange, at the same time as we just took a long ride and back to refuel before heading West one more time... for a few more years. Has been 89 months, roughly 2700 days, we have barely crossed the starting line.

While spending a few days in New Iberia with a very Dear Friend of ours, we attended the Dragon Boats races. This is as close as we will get to a Mardi Gras. I think.

The weather? We have been watched over. Open skies while getting to Vidor to visit more Friends, the same while en route for Louisiana and throughout our stay. As soon as we left bad storms took on New Iberia. Dark skies but calm while renewing my Driver's License in Pensacola and arriving in Georgia through Alabama right behind the creeks flooding yet receding for us. What can I say?

Enjoy the photos. We sure had a good time and much food those days. Mainly shrimp and crawfish. Two items I have been dreaming about while sitting and writing our book those few months in the Big Bend Desert at The Oasis. It will be published in a few more weeks after more proofing.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

8th Year, the Stars, living under themů
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote