Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #22575
folknride
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
No fuel between La Rosaria and Guerrero Negro. There is barrel gas and a very expensive hotel in Cataviņa. I don't think the 990 will cover the distance, especially if you are wailing on it. Just made it on the GS and I was carrying 2 gals. extra fuel just in case. Fully loaded and running at 70-75 most of the time I get just over 200 miles to my 5 gal. tank.
Thanks for all the info. I've settled on the East coast route, not because of Coco's, but it's a bit shorter and, I think, less traffic. But also when I Google Mapped it out, there are no stretches more that 240 km without gas.
This assumes that there IS gas at Gonzaga Bay - Pemex is shown and others have said there is.
I'll carry a bit of back up (in case I get lost or some dumb thing), but likely won't need it.
Coming back may be different. Thanks for the POI suggestions - they are now on my to do list.
Google say it's 356 km / 223 mi from La Rosaria to Guerrero Negro - wonder if that's wrong. 7 gal. should take you about 280, right?

folknride screwed with this post 04-20-2014 at 11:44 PM
folknride is offline   Reply With Quote