View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #5269
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey_BS View Post
My problem may be me. They just don't seem to bite into anything well. I have experienced the sand problem first hand and have no wish to repeat. It took about six months to recover.

I was going to ask about the tires from your previous post. I've been following the Mitas discussions over on the 690 Mega thread. I've no fear of the 130 and they are in contention for my 690. I find them easier to control. I'd just never thought about them for the 950.

How is the front and how are the pair on the road?

The front the the Mitas XT644. Its a great tire which offers good grip on both the road and off road. Its pretty good in sand too, if the pressures are right. I was originally planning on the 140 E07, but I figured the SE chews tires either way and I dont think the 140 will give much more mileage than the 130. So I went with it instead. It sort of works well on the narrow SE rim. I wouldn't run a 130 on the ADV rim.

The 130 is essentially a 650 tire and I think a slightly softer compound. I run it very hard to minimize cracking and delaminating due to heat buildup when riding fast on tar. I really abuse it, wheelies, hard pullaways high speed on tar and Its started to crack slightly. I think the more it wears down, the less prone to cracking further it will be.

Mitas E07, Heidenau K60 - Potato / Potato (somehow does not work when typing it)

Same thing. Off road, I really like the EO9 Dakar.
Ex 950ADV
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is online now   Reply With Quote