View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #362
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by amendonsa View Post
Dave-

... I started my time with AdvRider with the idea that I had to travel the world, or at least the country, to have adventures and to have lead a full life. Thank you for reminding me that there are plenty of amazing, beautiful experiences to be had much closer to home.

Thanks for the feedback on what you're getting from this. I always think it's so cool when people get more from this than just looking at some nice pics

You hit the nail on the head with that line, it's taken my whole life until a few years ago to figure it out and I'm glad I've still got plenty of time to do this. In ADV circles it almost seems shameful to "admit" that my dream isn't to ride around the world, if it was I would be doing something about it instead of dreaming. Now there's plenty of places I think would be cool to ride but no longing desire. I think the idea that "living the dream" is isolated to a short vacation or two a year then back to real life is backward. The stuff you love should be a way of life.....whatever that is. That's what I'm doing now.

Yeah, been to Kirkwood Inn quite a few times for eats or just beverages and never went away dissapointed thanks for chiming in!

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote