View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #27
holycaveman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,387
Quote:
how would you rate the mefo's to other tires on the street as far as vibration, traction, noise, and handling?
Only have a 1000 miles on them so far. But on the road they rail on corners!! No knobb roll at all. Can wheelie easy enough in the rain. And don't float around during breaking. I am sure there is a stickier set of pure streeties out there, but they hook enough to make me push past my confort zone in the corners. And they do surprisingly well off road, definatly not a pure knobbie, but well enough.

I do get a bit of vibration at freeway speeds. Not like I am used to with the 606's though. But I also am running 3 rim locks, so that could be some of it.

aired down to 3 lb,and they worked realy well in the mud and slick stuff.(rear that is). Even is ridiable on the road at that pressure, but I would not ride like that for along time.

In the slick mud, the front end will still wash out on you if you are not careful, but knobbs is the only way to cure that. If you air down the rear does quite well in the deep or shallow slick mud. It throws quite a good rooster tail! (yea I am the one that looks back and watches the rooster tail)
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote