View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #17
81forest OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 776

This is so surreal to me; that is the view from my high school. From the Methow Valley News caption attached to this photo:

"Picture taken from the fire incident command center at Liberty Bell High School today. We have been trying to keep things updated as much as possible despite some challenging communication issues, the most problematic being that we have no power at the MV News office and our cell phones don't always work well, if at all. I'm proud of my staff for finding ways (Ann McCreary wrote her story last night by longhand with a flashlight for illumination; Darla Hussey posted it from her cell phone). We are working on a plan to publish a newspaper next week, which will require some innovative technical strategies. And electricity. We appreciate your interest and support ... this is a tough time for anyone who loves this valley. We all know someone who has lost a home or has been displaced by evacuations. As always, the Methow community will pull together to help one another through it ... one of the qualities that makes this place special. -- Don Nelson, publisher/editor."

81forest screwed with this post 07-19-2014 at 06:12 PM
81forest is online now   Reply With Quote