View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #25
81forest OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
Twisp now at level 1

Better news this morning, Twisp has been downgraded to evacuation level 1. I am no longer getting updates from people in the valley for obvious reasons, but I do read that several fire lines are holding.

Throughout the valley, people are in survival mode and it is going to be a very tough week with no electricity and uncertainty about gas for generators. Reminds me of how much we take for granted!

One friend who lives in Kent took it upon herself to stuff her car full of essentials and drive to Carlton yesterday. See if this doesn't inspire:

"Hi everyone! Well we made a successful trip into the valley today and dropped a great amount of supplies at the cove and jill Scotts behind the Carlton store. I an on my way back to Kent. I saw some great things and some really sad things as well as I got an understanding of what we need out there and where we need it. Here is my personal opinion: I think you should take stuff to the cove in Twisp AND directly down to Carlton for the people in Carlton and south of Carlton. so many people between Carlton and methow are hunkered down in their homes with nothing and not many want to drive because of the lack of gas.
I think that generators are a must asap so people can eat and shower.
They ALL need flash lights, batteries and possibly propane to cook.
Sun showers spread out down the valley would be a God sent. Especially deodorant wipes and soaps. If I were you, I'd have some go to The Cove to be distributed to the people from twisp to Winthrop and send some to The sight I set up today Down at Jill Scotts for people Carlton to methow.. We also need flashights, batteries, baby formula, non perishable food, paper plates and plastic utinsels at both locations.

I an working to set up wifi and showers at my Dads in Carlton (Larry brown) and will gadly accept donations down there. I will let u know when this is ready.

I talked to REI today who are working on getting some stuff out there.

I hope that helps."

81forest screwed with this post 07-20-2014 at 02:23 PM
81forest is online now   Reply With Quote