View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #117
michaelyogi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by svizzerams View Post
Nice to see you have progress going on! It has been a wild few weeks.

An interesting video of the mudslides from last week (esp. around the 12 min mark).

http://vimeo.com/104463724
I saw this vid. The reality, as you well know is far greater and more tragic.
The insurance companies have lots of way to get out of paying in a flood/mudslide scenario. It's really sad. You need to have the right kind of insurance for this kind of situation. And the definitions of these slides is the key to actually being insured! Floods, mean water, and mudslides, are acts of god. These folks are having a hard time with their version of disaster. Our stuff is just gone, poof! They still have their stuff and it's all fucked up beyond belief. Mud is into everything and everywhere. I saw closed drawers stuffed full of mud! Logs, boulders, debris of all sorts just strewn about.
The Methow River below Twisp is a garbage dump right now. Literally. Septic tanks, fuel tanks, tires, refrigerators, fencing, busted up lumber, vehicles... it just goes on. A friend of mine just kayaked this stretch to get an idea of the damage... he said it stunk on the river. He also gps'd lot's of the debris and submitted this info to the proper authorities. The river is still colored baby shit brown...
This is the summer we'll never forget, even though we want to...