View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 AM   #96
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,174
Just FYI I found that putting a windproof rain jacket/pants over my streach kevlar motoport suite actually is quite warm. Its a little more hassle than wearing a more normal winter jacket in cold weather (which is what I usually do) but on long trips where there will big temp swings I always chose the kevlar suite and pack a rain suite for wet or cold conditions. If its going to be really cold I'll bring my electric vest too, which combined with the windproof stuff over the kevlar suite is plenty to keep me comfortable in extended sub-freezing temps.

For the record I have the streach kevlar GPII suit and an Ultra (cordura) Jacket. The armor is the only thing about them I'm not crazy about. Its just kind of bulky and generic. Seems as though it was all cut from a big flat plate of armor rather than specifically molded for each location. Its especially noticeable in the elbows where the armor isn't pre-cureved at all. Kind of like riding with stiff cardboard in your kit.

The material is awsome, breaths quite well, comfortable and seems very sturdy (have not crash tested it yet).

I would like to add a mesh kevlar Ultra II suit to my closet as the GPII pants are a bit of a hassle to put on and off for every day commuting.

BikePilot screwed with this post 03-31-2006 at 06:37 AM
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote