View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #15
R-dubb OP
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
I'm trying to save the active tracks from the SCORE Baja 500 site (8K-10K points per track) into a form that I can load onto my GPSMAP 176C with the LB Baja map and the Baja500 waypoints, but having no luck. I've tried filtering the track down to 1000 points, tried saving the filtered version as a .gpx file (which just locked up MapSource), and any number of other tricks but no luck so far. I thought I might be able to save the tracks as a route, but that's not working either.

I've only been playing with this for a little while, so it's not yet intuitive. Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA
This should be no problem. Of course the total size can not exceed 10,000 points. First clear the active log in your unit. Rename the original track in Mapsource to "ACTIVE LOG" (yes, all caps). Then, you should be able to load it with a track transfer from Mapsource. You can load multiple tracks to the active log if they are named "ACTIVE LOG" then "ACTIVE LOG 001" and so on. For your unit a filtered log with a name may not exceed 500 points.

Get it??

-dubb
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote