View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #27
danger_dave OP
Home again

Oddometer: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by we3
I will - someday - but I don't think I'll actively look for one, so when I run across one in a shop, I'll see if they will let me demo one.

To tell the truth, my "fire with-in" for this bike raged for 24 hours after reading the initial post on this bike.

It looked just right - hell I LOVE the retro style - it's not a Jap bike- it's air cooled so less to worry about and less to maintain. But when I read review after review of how it's considered bland - it hurts your ass - it's not good in dirt: my rage to find one of these bikes has become a smolder of curiosity now.

One reviewer saying it was so-so and others giving it high marks is one thing, but all of them saying it's oatmeal leads me to reconsider it's place on my "list".

The bike surely isn't for everyone.
In thinking about it I'd also probably buy a Tiger ahead of one if i was choosing a triumph too.

My point is that I read some of the reviews you listed too - and proved them wrong. (and enjoyed doing it so comprehesively)

As I leant on ADV - you can ride a CB750 off road if you want - just not everyone needs to win the Dakar every time they thow a leg over.