View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #15
ztsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pburke
even though I won't haxe the bike for another 3-4 weeks, I do know I will need to do something about the bar (up and forward primary concern), so there's a good chance I'll get me something like this setup. Is this going to be a small group buy of a custom part or does that last update mean there'll be a regular product available to anyone?

Peter
Sounds like your timing will be good, thatís when the clamp is suppose to be ready... There are about 15 people that have expressed an interest and when I get the word that they are going into production Iíll contact everyone and give them a chance to get in on the deal. We had enough interest for Ron to do the development work. I think if things work out well, he may just make it a stock item but no promises till after the initial run. Everyone will get a chance to jump in on the initial buy so donít sweat it...

Just as a reminder, there is a SUB mount already for the XR650R from BRP and from Scottís directly. HOWEVER, neither one have rubber mounted bar clamps. Ronís rubber mounted bar clamps should help reduce handlebar vibration which is important for Adventure riding.
ztsd is offline   Reply With Quote