We get lots of questions about which is better - the ktm or the bmw.
Expect OC to resoundingly say the ktm.
Therefore a bit of almost humour about the eternal GS v 950 debate from a fellow who had owned both for a little while. Looking then buying his bike
, now he's got a few miles on the 950
finally oops, guess what happened!
On a more serious note, people ask what are the first modifications to a 950.
Obviously the choices are quite personal but the common answers seem to be:
- exhausts - lose weight, heat and gain sound!
- jet said bike to suit pipes and altitude.
- if USA spec canisterectomy is a must do...
- tune suspension to suit rider style and weight
- perhaps crash bars and pannier mounts to help your toy survive the inevitable
- centre stand if you don't have one.
- fit ultra heavy duty tubes as field tube repairs are one PITA
- going to an aftermarket seat seems popular but you will get used to the stock one...
"Australian history... is full of surprises, and adventures, and incongruities, and contradictions, and incredibilities, and they are all true." Mark Twain
“It is better to stir up a question without deciding it than to decide it without stirring it up”
Mouse screwed with this post 07-12-2006 at 10:45 PM