Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #48
SheetBend
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Creek
so i should wait till i am 39 'fore i start with the regular exercise thing?
Glad I read this thread--I was just getting serious about exercising again. Guess I can keep putting it off for another couple of years. Sweet.

Before reading this, though, I started getting serious about biking again. It's great fun. I bought a Specialized Sequoia (similar to the Sirrus mentioned earlier)--nice ergos, comfortable ride, could use better components (but fine for my skill level and needs). It's been great for commuting to work, doing 20 mile round trip breakfast rides on the weekend, and even did a 100-miler around Lake Tahoe in early June. I'm not sure how well it would hold up in NYC, but it did great on a ride around San Francisco (just gotta watch out for those pesky cable car tracks!).

Perry--building a bike rack to attach to your GS will also give you access to some great rides outside of the city. Ricardo had a great one on his GS. Nothing was better when I lived in SF than doing a quick ride on my Dakar out to Marin, getting in a 10 or 15 mile MTB ride in the Headlands before work, and never worrying about the traffic on the way back home.

http://kdeborde.smugmug.com/gallery/417032/1/16685663
SheetBend is offline   Reply With Quote