Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #91
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
I had a chainring bolt get loose one day. Damn near went INSANE...creak CREAK creak CREAK creak CREAK...coast......CREAK creak CREAK...coast... Sounded like bottom bracket but not quite. I thought I had torqued them all but apparently not. Ever pedalled funny to minimize creak?

I've got a Marin Tiburon that's my century and Monday-night-ride bike. Not too harsh, not particularly efficient (long chainstays) but one of those ride-and-forget low-maintenance everyday bikes. I'm gonna rehab on my FS bike but I'm gonna try to move to that one pretty quickly. I've got a shot of me getting my ass rained on during the Bridge-to-Bridge up Grandfather mountain. That bike was great.

My favorite bike has been, oddly enough, my muttbike singlespeed, an old Schwinn Mesa GS that's been turned into a grocery-getter and all-around beater. When me and SWMBO have those discussions about "which bike would you grab if the house was on fire?" (yes, we do have those kind of discussions) the Schwingle tends to find its way to the top of the list.

So Photog, do you reccomend steel or AL?
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote