View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #45
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwineFart
I like the fit. I'm a 38 in the chest and I bought the 48 Euro size which translated into 38 US size. It fits perfectly which keeps the armor in position against the body yet allows comfortable motion of the arms. Construction and materials equals BMW's.

I bought the silver color which should prove cooler particularly in slow traffic. A nice water resistant snap-in liner is included which makes the jacket more versatile. An internal rear pocket is include in which the liner can be stowed.

The armor in the arms and shoulder is excellent, however the back armor is little more than light foam. I replaced this with a CE back pad. I would buy it again.
Tried Ofrogg's Rev'It Air Force on last night. Very nice. Good armour in elbows that extends forward to the forearm, good shoulder armour. Yeah, the back is a little on the thin side. If I'm gonna wear mesh, I want some armour and am going high end (revit, BMW) for that reason. His was a 52Euro, a little too tight. I wear a US 44 jacket so the 54 might work a little better. Still thinkin' about the BMW Venting Machine as everyone seems to rave about it and there isn't much of an issue with quality.