View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 07:44 AM   #20
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Still own it

I still have my 06 Husky 610 TE so I guess I qualify. Haven't done much to the bike other than remove the smog crap. Bought the Cyra (sp?) hand guards but did not put on the bike - when I tried to mount using the handlebar mount I found one of the current mounting screws to be too short. Ran down to the local Auto Zone but they only carried the short ones - anyone else have this situation?

I notice the dead spot around the 5500-5800 rpm range also. Otherwise the bike is a blast to ride. I would like more time in the dirt but given my past record maybe that is a good thing that I am spending more time on the street. I currently have it up for sale but if I get no takers - so far only a low bid - then I may keep and put more street friendly tires (MT90 Scorpian AT) on it and make it my everyday commuter. When I had a sport bike I rode into work everyday but that got old and when I changed jobs it became a short 15 minute highway ride - very boring. With the price of petrol I am re-thinking the commute - from 4 wheels to 2 wheels.

Again, if I end up keeping the bike I will want to get the dead spot in the jetting fixed. Love to tinker with bikes so a few projects would keep me interested.

Also, I saw that someone was working on a billet rack for the back - did that ever materialize?
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote