View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #13
balance
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace
My youngest child and I took a camping adventure ride to Colorado this summer, via secondary roads. We had two goals for our adventure; camp for free and stop for icecream everyday. Our favorite camp is what we call the Bale camp. We were on a county road somewhere in South Dakota, we had stopped for cheeseburgers and icecream for supper, and we were looking for a place to camp. The view rolled on forever and we just pulled off into a field of freshly baled grass and rode up over the ridge and parked the Tiger behind a bale. We laid the sleeping bags on the ground in the shade of the bale and watched the pheasants in the distance. There was a nice breeze and no mosquitoes. We slept out under the stars.

I want to start a thread of favorite camps. Just give a short discription of the camp and post a picture.
later,
Jace
Sounds like a great trip!

If you don't mind me asking, what's the age of the kiddo you took on the trip? I have a 12 year old daughter who has been camping with me countless times, but never on the bike. Anyone have advice or experiences to share along the lines of taking kids on motocamping adventures when they've reached the 'I'm-too-cool-for-you' age?