View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #51
sethro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Husky stuff

well I have had both now and must say that the Husky is under rated, the motor is just the sweetest thing I have yet to sample in 22 years of riding. It does pretty much everything you ask it to do, I went riding in the cinders here in Flagstaff and climbed hills that my 520 450 or yz 400 could not, just has sooo much tourqe that is super user freindly. Then went up on mountain to about 9500 feet and ran single track, no not just single track, KNARLY single track, was super intence!!!!!!!!!

The bike needs to be geared down for that kind of stuff but still does it ok, in stock form.

The fit and finish is better on a KTM, the KTM is better on street but not by much, will go for the long hall fully loaded a little better, the husky just feels realy light once it is moving. and has a skinnyer seat, no vibes @ all compared to the KTM.

One more thing, I have read all the reviews I could find and NOONE have complained about hot boot left side, if you stand up and and hang on you will get a hot boot, I have heat wraped and costum sheild ect. and still not hit a home run yet. Oh and my crank nut was loose too, no biggie, a quick repair, speaking of service, it is soooooo easy to work on its not funny, oil changes are a snap, that makes me

Here are some pics of the cinder hill that I have never made it to the top on except a KX500, none of my other dirt bikes have ever made it, and a pic of her flight manners

Sethro

sethro is offline   Reply With Quote