View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #54
ldbandit76
Life is good.

Oddometer: 479
I have a few things that make me happy every time I use them. It's so nice to have stuff that works...

My beaded seat cover. Cut from a $7 Wal-Mart job, it's been on the bike for several years now. It turned long days from "Are-we-there-yet, can't-feel-my-legs, butt-cheeks-fell-off-in-Illinois" to "hey, that's not too bad." I need no powders, no fancy shorts, nothing else to have a happy bottom. Far and away the best value I've had on bike stuff.

Hot Grips. I got their variable PWM controller, too. Now, even on summer days and cool evenings, a little bit of electric comfort comes with me on every ride. Hands cold? Turn the knob. Ahhhh....

Aerostich Darien jacket. After years of leather and fussy raingear, I just don't worry about the weather anymore. Waterproof in hours of pounding, driving rain, it's nice to actually be confident in one's gear. The pants were a little disappointing, as the crotch will leak, though I've found a simple enough work around for that. It's pretty cool in the heat, too. If it's between 40 F and 90, I have my Darien on.

GIVI luggage. Yes, it's a cliche and common and ugly and boxy and all the rest. It's also waterproof, durable, practical and easy to use. It's luggage, not a fashion statement. And it carries my stuff well.

I haven't had it quite long enough to say for certain, but my Tipperary vest earned significant credibility when I took a header onto a bunch of sharp rocks a couple weeks ago. What do you know, pads that actually keep you from getting hurt! More detail here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157491

Lastly: LED flashlights and headlamps (for my head, not the front of the bike). I'm slowly replacing all my lightbulb flashlights with LED. Durable, lightweight and efficient, they're good lights.

Dave
ldbandit76 is offline   Reply With Quote