View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 PM   #8
translunar
aging boomer

Oddometer: 48
My KLX STORY

Two summers ago I bought a 96, KLX 650 for $2500.00 bucks. 7K miles or so on it. Aftermarkes muffler and a grease fitting in the fork head. PI put set of HD bark busters on, KLR handle bars and an alu. skid plate on her. What a bike !!
I than got a wild hair and sold it for $3200.00, bought a 2003, BMW F650 GS dakar. Low miles tons of Happy-Trail stuff on it. Rode it last summer. Ok bike but I longed for my KLX. I sold the BMW to a major that had just got back from the war. He loves it. The guy that bought my KLX had to bail off it to avois a head on with another bike on a single track, on a mountain side. The bike went down the side of the mountain, did a 360 in the air, landed upright and still running ( had boxs on it). The guy had to take the bike appart to get it up the mountain. I bought it back for $2000.00. Took a buddy and I 4 hours to put her back together. Put new TKC 80"s on her. Seat redont to black. Took the graphics off, made a bigger flat rack on the back. I love the bike, damnnnn!!!!.
One question for anyone out there (PM me). After getting the bike back and put together there is soot on the end of the muffler. There never was prior to selling it, and all the other stuff that happened to her. Any help out there ?
I put a thread up in thumpers, My friend Jeff has a 96 KLX 650 for sale here in Boise, Idaho. Custom black wheels, black seat. $2500 bucks.
Tom
translunar is offline   Reply With Quote