Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #1552
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce
oh, a variety of reasons... I didn't like the geometry or the oddball monoshock forks of a loaned cannondale mountain bike I rode for a couple weeks ... didn't like the feel of the ride of a road bike that I rode for a couple days, it felt stiff and mushy at the same time, which is hard to explain... It seems like all their bikes use oddball sizes for everything, making it hard to fit parts onto them...

admittedly, this was about 12-15 years ago, but I havent' seen anything newer that impressed me.
I've never owned one, they were always a bit funky in my eyes too. But I recentley test rode (twice) their new Systm 6. From what I understand, it's the first CF bike where they don't wrap the CF when molding it, instead it's laid flat, the full length of the tube. They say it's about 300 % stronger than their previous top model (six 13).

All I know is the ride felt superb. The humongous head tube/set felt like a motorcycle up front. smooth and firm ride, really impressed me.

I also like that they're not part of that Trek fold (they seem to own everything now), and their premum mods are made here (frames too, except synapse).

Take a look at it sometime. When I can afford it, it'll be my nxt bike.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote