Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #1553
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
I've never owned one, they were always a bit funky in my eyes too. But I recentley test rode (twice) their new Systm 6. From what I understand, it's the first CF bike where they don't wrap the CF when molding it, instead it's laid flat, the full length of the tube. They say it's about 300 % stronger than their previous top model (six 13).

All I know is the ride felt superb. The humongous head tube/set felt like a motorcycle up front. smooth and firm ride, really impressed me.

I also like that they're not part of that Trek fold (they seem to own everything now), and their premum mods are made here (frames too, except synapse).

Take a look at it sometime. When I can afford it, it'll be my nxt bike.

Cannondales haven't done it for me for a while now. I keep gravitating towards a Look frame or something a little more off-the-wall.

I like owning a bike that not everyone owns... That's why I bought a Bontrager Road Lite, a PDM Concorde, several Battaglins, etc. The exception is my S-Works fetish (to use the word lightly). They seem to be great all-round bikes even if Specialized is kind of an ass to work with at the shop level.

YMMV

M