View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #171
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
Welcome to the group Offroute,
Let us know how the 610 compares to the DL as I almost went with the Suzuki...would like to have both as they make a good combo imho.

Dan
Hi Dan,

I can already tell you that they are completely different bikes. I love the wee strom and have a hard time imagining anything better for my daily ride. Incredibly smooth, extremely reliable, and leaves you grinning time and time again. It is a great bike in the twisties and super comfortable for long rides. My problem is that I have often found myself exploring on roads or trails much rougher than what it was designed for. See this thread for an example:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122816

Now with the TE610, I'm hoping to explore similar backcountry to what's in the story above, with a bike that's built for it. Time will tell, and my biggest reservations regarding the TE purchase are reliability. If that proves to be a non-issue, then the 610 should round out my riding stable perfectly. At 50, I've still got plenty of interest in doing real adventures including multi day self-supported all-dirt rides. Nothing extremely technical, but I need a bike that I won't beat the s*** out of in the process.

My hours spent reading posts here and on TT have given me great hopes for this ride. I'll be sure to post more as I learn...

Cheers

Fred

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote