View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #101
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerman777
Don't bother modifying it at all. My girl is 5'1" with really short inseam and she can't flat foot either but the cool thing about the bike is that it is so light she dosn't feel intimidated by being on tippy toes. she can loose a little balance one way or the other and has a large margin to catch herself. One thing that makes the bike nice is that even though a 5'1" girl can get her toes down it still has more ground clearance than my DR650 They just mounted the eng high up in the frame. It's an extremely capable offroad machine for this reason and if she can get used the the height will likely be leaving you in the dust once she gets some experience with it I'm looking into getting an XT350 for myself as though I love the 225 it's a little cramped for me.
I'm sure that after she gets more experience she'll be fine on tip toes, but right now I don't think I could convince her to even try to ride it. Well, maybe she will have to stick to the 30 year old 2 stroke. It really sucks that manufacturers don't make something for the really short people. Except non street legal minibikes. Even my buddy's vespa is too tall. It's really sad because she is more enthusiastic about riding than anyone I've seen...

I'm tellin' ya, she's short. Here's my bike next to hers-

And her next to her bike-

Hayduke screwed with this post 01-11-2007 at 09:04 AM
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote