View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 01:15 AM   #171
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstuck
ROLEX is overrated says most horologer's. Reliability, hah.
Most "horologers" are jealous, lonely clock punchers who will tell you, "You don't need anything better than an Omega" which might be one of the dumbest goddamn sayings ever. The only person worse than a bitter horologist is a flea market groupie.

A Rolex's movement will go as long between adjustments as any other movement out there. The words "Certified Chronometer" aren't just there for shits and giggles.

That being said, I don't own a handfull of Rolex watches because they are the most dazzling, sought after, respected, easy to sell timepieces out there. I have them because I got tired of busting up my "prettier" watches and wanted something a little more "honest" that could be worn anywhere at anytime without worry of it not being able to make it.

With that being said, the Omega is a kick ass watch and I don't see why anyone would need anything more than an Omega. Unless they could afford a Rolex.

Now, you want to see my Patek collection, Tourbillion collection or cartoon watch collection?
The_Commander is online now   Reply With Quote