View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #15
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings

When I was a kid growing up we would go “everywhere” on 250cc or less.

Maybe it’s a trend but I think the smaller bikes/scooters are coming back for a lot of different reasons.
Ah yes, I had the best adventures of my life at 13 years old on my SL125 Honda. I would pack it up and tour all the way to my favorite sandbar by the Wapsie Pinicon river to camp out, dig up clams and bake them over my open fire. I was only 4 miles from home, but oh what an adventure at that age. (Sigh). I would ride that bike down the neighbor's 2 mile long gravel lane, fantasizing that I was on one of those BWM airheads or Norton Commandos (yes, I'm that old) that I had drooled over in the magazines, heading off into the sunset to parts unknown.

About the small bikes making a comeback, I have a few friends, not to mention my own Dad, who absolutely cannot ride a bike with a 37 inch seat height. They gaze at my TE610 with that look of longing, but at 5'3" or so, it's not going to happen. Hopefully bikes simmilar to those old street-legal dual purpose 70-250cc machines will make a comeback.
lagcam is offline   Reply With Quote