View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #104
BikerDave
Greybeard Rider

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmiketh'bike
Me too! You guys wouldn't believe what I paid for a 1970 Honda CL100 off E-bay. (I've paid less for some good used cars!) But it's been absolutely worth it! Everywhere I ride this thing. people stop me and either ask if it's for sale, or tell me a story about their early days 'on two wheels'. I probably had just as much fun in the late '60s on my Honda C100 Cub as I do today on my ZX10 or KLR. Really! Admit it guys.... you probably did too! Smaller bikes are just as much fun. Remember well a motojournalist taking a trip from NY to LA on a Honda 50 when they first appeared on our shores. I now fantasize of making that same trip on this 'CL' following wife in motorhome, on some back roads. Yeah, I'll take some good pics.

By the way, I'd love one of those Jaehling 125 or 200 DualSports too, but last time I checked they weren't DOT compliant. Anybody know what's up with that?
Alot of the china-bikes are EPA compliant now....the Lifan's and Rocketta's come to mind. I'm researching the two now to see what their owners have to say about them. I own several big bikes but no small (<500cc) dual sports so something in the 200-250 class looks like it'd be alot of fun!! Kinda like going back in time...lol!