View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #127
leesbian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethevigo
hello girls ! well we will see what this ktm 525 is all about in the next 10 days, tomorrow morning ( 19 feb ) im leaving my home in thailand and going to cambodia first then laos,. ,the bike is an 05 525mxc ( fan and a bigger tank )and this will be my first ride on it, ive done this trip before but on an xr650 ,first thing i noticed is the weight ( lack of ) and that button on the bar that makes the engine go,, heaven ! ,.all in all ill do 3000 miles if all goes well ,spent the day today on maintenace ,you know, polish and stickers etc so should be fine ( gulp ) ,i ran the xr650 out of oil once and stretched the timing chain, so im a bit concerned by the ktms 1.2 litres ., bit concerned about the plank for a seat but i do tend to stand a lot, ,it will be 85 per cent dirt, ill give an honest opinion when ( if ) i return ,.ps how the hell do you add a pic to this ?
Excellent! I guess its already tomorrow over on Thailand now, so maybe I won't get a response to this, but is your bike modified in any way?

Oh yes, the 525 is SO light. Lighter even than a DR350 or XR400... which is pretty cool

I'll be very interested to hear how you find the bike for such a long journey. Hopefully if you find anything that really causes problems I'll be able to fix it on my bike before I do a similarly large journey at the end of March.

I guess between the two of us, we should be able to prove whether or not these bikes can hold up to distances like that!

BTW - STAND! that seat is a bitch. I rode my 525 back home (on the road) after I bought it. About a 3 hour journey - my arse was still hurting a week later!
'00 Ducati 748 Biposto
'89 Honda Camino (The Adventure Moped)
leesbian is offline   Reply With Quote