Thread: Garage RULZ
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #22
johnjen OP
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,636
This is my intrepretation of The Garage. It isn't meant as a definitive nor complete description. It does capture how I see it though.

To me The Garage is about the art of wrenching and the collected wisdom, experience and knowledge that gets accumulated along the way. It's a place where those who have something to share (or have a need for others to share) can deal with a general mechanical question. It's meant as a catch all for those projects (like golem) that don't really fit into the 'regular' bike forums. It's also a place where those 'experts' among us can bring up topics and exchange ideas, experiences and the like in order to come to a better understanding of the subject of the thread etc.

In short it's kind of a virtual garage where 'special projects' are being discussed or worked on and various people show up from time to time and 'help out'. Where the latest 'discovery' is shared and insight is sought.

It is NOT about specifc bike or related equipment projects (those that the existing forums already cover). It's more general in nature and covers the exceptions (again like golum). So no it isn't the place for the 'How do I wire up my new horns' or 'what is the best tire for me' threads.

I kinda like the description of where master wrenches congrigate and swap stories and such (yes humorous stories are very welcome too).

I hope this helps.

JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
yeah maybe you are right, since most of the time I don't even understand my own self..

so mister John...

I think we need a little more clarity on the porpuse of this forum..

Is this forum about the tools for the garage, the million stupid tyre rants (I think we need a whole forum just for silly tyre questions) or about how to do and fix things when they are broken, need attencion or even build you own crap...!?!?

So can you please explain the specific porpuse of this space and enforce the regulations so we have a productive forum and not some diluted, contaminated soup of nothingness

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590