Thread: Highland Motors
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #36
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Air filter

Air filter is oil soaked possible K&N type 2 bolts 2 minutes - not changed but pic for info.

Going a little faster now, the softer settings back and front seem to be working well on back roads, giving high levels of confidence. Also took it into the woods, will take logs and some stones but will not go slow enough for anything technical (not with me anyway), will take the rough but not down to walking pace. Just gobbles it up at the trot. Front sprocket 14 tooth on order to replace the 16 tooth standard. Off road spare wheel has a significantly larger rear sprocket so I hope that plus some set up of the bottom end will help.

Did the first fuel check around 35 mpg (imperial) but not exact. Sorry if this is a little obsessive (but you did ask for more info) I got out the scales and weighed it with 11 litres of fuel in the tank. Front 172.5lbs (78.4 kilos) rear 198lbs (90 kilos) total 370.5lbs (168.4 kilos). ThaT is a very light bike as a 950 and wet! Has my girl been tweeking the scales?

Edit:- scales have just gone in bin, she says they have not worked properly since I used them for the bike. Seems I've got to check again.

Spare throttle and clutch cables have arrived as has the carrier. Cable to be taped in place when the tank comes off. BTW there is only one throttle butterfly so no balancing problems. More on setting up later.
Attached Images

John in Leeds screwed with this post 10-12-2007 at 02:20 PM
John in Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote