Thread: Highland Motors
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #38
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
A little more before I go to the US (Las Vegas and surround) for a fortnight. Just coming up to 500 miles, took it to 6000 rpm just under 110mph - no effort and wanting to race away too. Looks like it will cruise at a hundred with a screen no bother. Fuel consumption seems to be improved upper 40s and the suspension is really good over the bumps and twisties. Still need to run the engine at 3000 or above if I want fractional throttle making it a little busier in town than I would like. Will be happy at less revs if on closed throttle or under load. One of the skills I'm learning.

Had some advice from the guy who races one in SM, knock out the cat from the exhaust and use a koni type (I think) air filter to shorten the tract before the throttle butterfly - gives significantly more power. No need at this time there seems to be a sufficiency, good job the brakes are up to scratch. I think if I returned the suspension to a firmer setting the brakes would be better tested but set up more softly you get more dive and sharper anchors would be unsettling.

Picked up the off road wheels and sprocket today but it looks like Easter before we get to test off road. Hopefully will be run in then too.
John in Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote