Thread: Highland Motors
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 06:27 AM   #40
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt

Do you have any links/details of contacts or support for these ?
sorry unless you can read Swedish you are getting the most I've found here.

I don't like to make excuses about the Super Moto test and I think even without riding the KTM there may be some areas lacking - however you have to remember that the place supplying the test bike is a very small operation, the complete opposite to KTM. The test bike (still there) has been hammered by all and sundry and was probably not the best comparison. MCN also did a test and broke the Highland (I was told by the dealer) and a brand new one was supplied for replacement. Not a good move. 'Pokenhood' from Nottingham? has a supermoto he has well sorted (for very little money) offered this for a test but they would not take him up on it, saying that as it was modified it was not a fair comparison. Well what do you do, you get a particular bike and make it as you want it. Highland are very low volume and all the work is really done in Sweden. Tests I've read carried out there tend to give a different tale (see the beginning of this thread).

My bike is not a super moto, it is a compromise that I hope will give me most of the requirements I want. So far so good but I suspect the throttle float isssue will not be remedied until the new twin inlet tract is supplied with a modified fuel tank (space for the throttle bodies). Until then I'll report it as I see it. Try a test ride if you are anywhere near Bolton and then you make you own mind up.

cheers John

John in Leeds screwed with this post 05-21-2007 at 06:59 AM
John in Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote